Principal : Mrs. Stella Mukiira Nkonge
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 0722 516201
Kambiti mixed secondary school is located in Imenti North Sub County of Meru County in Kenya. The school is public mixed day secondary school located off the Meru-Maua highway about 12km from Meru town. The school was started in the year 2008 by the local community in order to take care of the high number of children from Kambiti Primary School and other neighbouring primary schools that could not afford to join boarding secondary schools. Until the year 2011, the school operated in four classrooms donated by Kambiti Primary School on temporal basis. The school received the first teachers service commission posted teacher in the year 2011. It was in the same year that the school moved to its current site which is a 5 acre piece of land donated by Kambiti Primary School.
Currently the school has a four classrooms block, a staffroom and a science laboratory that is not fully equipped. The schools have a temporal structure kitchen installed, with modern energy saving jikos. The student population is at 170 made up of 92 boys and 78 girls.
The school has nine members of teaching staff; six of whom are employed by the TSC while three are employed by the BOM.
Kambiti mixed secondary school has become a star in music festivals boasting of making it to the National music festivals for four years consequently since 2014. We do well in other extra curriculum activities such as cross country, athletics and netball.
The school has been sending a few students to university and this is expected to improve as more teachers and facilities are provided.
My Appreciation goes to the following:
- Kambiti community for their initiative to start the school and their unfailing support.
- Methodist Church of Kenya who are our sponsor and spiritual mentors.
- The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International for the donation of a water tank and water filters to the school.
- The Upper Tana Natural Resources Management Project for the donation of modern energy jikos and oven to the school.
- All teaching and non-teaching staff of Kambiti Mixed Secondary School for their commitment and hard work. You are a great team.
- The Imenti North constituency development fund committee for their support in building classrooms and the ongoing science laboratory.
- The members of B.O.M for their support to the school
I look forward to continue working with you and other stakeholders that would wish to see Kambiti move to the next level.
God bless Kambiti, God bless you all